I have tried to ignore it.. I have tried to smile through it and pretend that I am ... and in some ways I am okay.. I think I am just back to the whole being left behind thing.. I feel like I am always the one who is left behind.. no matter how hard I try I can't get a head. I am always grasping, reaching, barely keeping my head above the water.
I am happy for Brittain, really I am . I am happy that he is a nice person again. I am happy that he is the man that I married to begin with, but he is marrying someone else today. I am happy that my girls are out there having so much fun with all of his family.. I hate being the outsider to something that involves my children so deeply. I hate that I have to smile and hug all of THEIR family and be happy to see them and try to pretend that I don't still love them and miss them all every day.
But I want to be happy too. I keep trying to cheer up.. I keep trying to think of all the good things in my life.. but I can't do it anymore. its 3:30 in the afternoon and I am still in my bed. I want a turn, I want a turn to be happy, to feel loved by someone, to have someone to cuddle with when I fall asleep, someone to do fun nice things for to show him I love him, I want a turn to have someone to bring on couples dates, family picnics and to church.
I guess I am just whining.. I guess I better go shower and make something for the picnic.
Thanks for listening.
4 comments:
I understand that it hurts although I have never been there exactly! I hurt for you! You are my best friend and I love you! Just keep on living your life the right way and you will get your turn to be happy! And even though right now it's not perfect, there are still good, happy moments! Live for those times! Your time is coming!!
Denae, I can see this be a difficult weekend for you. You have every right to feel the way you do. But I want you to know that your friends like YOU. We enjoy hanging out with you and laughing with you. Never forget that.
Thank you for sharing! I pray that you will find that happiness soon. I love you.
Post a Comment