Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Beginning

1979

This is my parents engagement photo. There are so many things about this that I love. the monochromatic and matching sweaters, my Dad's hair and sideburns and My Moms hair. 



Even on their wedding day My Dad can't smile appropriately.... he still doesn't. Out of those 6 people 3 of them are gone now. Just my Grandma next to my Mom is still around. I don't remember Grandpa Doman very well, other than he was very loud. But more on that later. Grandpa Darrington died when I was young too but since he lived in Provo I have more memories of him, not a lot but still there are some. Grandma Darrington died 2 years ago almost exactly. I miss her. I took her for granted, and nothing can soothe the regret I feel for being such a selfish teenager and adult. There are so many things she could have taught me if I would have just taken the time to go learn. I will do a post just about Grandma and the wonderful woman that she was another time. So if you still have your grandparents around, don't waste that time you have. Go spend time with them. Ask them to tell you stories about their childhood. You won't regret it. 

After my parents were married they lived in a condo for a while and then they bought this beauty. We lived here for a long time and will be the stage for a lot of the stories I share with you. I wish I had some better pictures of it but for now, you know it was blue, and had a detached garage. 

I look forward to sharing some stories with you, but for now I need to go to bed. Goodnight.